In the event of inclement weather please contact the church office
regarding postponements or cancellations 215-887-2544
If you would like to purchase one or more signs please visit https://supremesupplier.tuosystems.com/stores/heroes
Regular Monthly Events
Ladies' Bible Study - 1st Wednesday of the month at 10:15 am in the church library.
3rd Wednesday of the month at 7 pm in the Church Library .
Choir - rehearsals are held every Tuesday at 7 pm
Keenagers - lunch meeting every fourth Tuesday at noon for retirees & special events throughout the year
We are a group of brothers and sisters in Christ seeking to know and serve the Lord more each day. We worship in a style that includes traditional hymns, contemporary praise music, as well as a choir. People of all ages and backgrounds are welcome in worship.
We are an inter-generational Reformed Christian congregation celebrating over 125 years of ministry!
We love to worship, learn, serve, and fellowship together...especially when food is involved!
Upcoming Worship Plans - 10:30 am
MARK YOUR CALENDARS - Kid’s Club schedule for 2020
Due to current COVID restrictions we now conduct these programs online
POST PONED– Marian & Friends Ventriloquist Show and luncheon
Children's Sunday School
Waving Palms of Praise!
Children's Sunday School
Sunday School for children and youth is held every Sunday at 10:45 am Children of all ages are always welcome in worship. On the 1st Sunday of each month our Sunday School program is called “Time with Tots” and is intended for those in kindergarten and younger. Coloring books, worship leaflets, and crayons are available from the greeters. If you would like to volunteer to teach occasionally please contact Pastor Cynthia or Janet Lewandowski.
Adult Christian Education Calendar
We gather in the church library for Bible Study every Sunday morning from 9:30-10:15 am. We are starting our study of the Book of Song of Songs on Feb. 2nd. Study guides are available for every lesson so if you miss a class you can always catchup. Newcomers are always welcome! Due to current COVID restrictions we now conduct these programs online
Elkins Park Presbyterian Church Family,
The Session met on Monday, June 8 to discuss our current ministry under the ‘yellow phase’ guidelines offered by the State of Pennsylvania. Under current guidelines the Session has decided the following:
· Worship will continue to be online through the end of August. The Session will determine later this summer, when and how we will return to in-person worship. Most likely at first, we will gather outdoors for worship before returning to the sanctuary.
· The recommendation is that all church meetings still be held using telephone and video conferencing.
· Staff will work from home and/or the office now as needed.
· All staff will make appropriate adjustments given our current ministry program offerings, practice social distancing, and follow face covering guidelines.
· Our facility is now open for normal business hours Tuesday through Friday 9 am to 1 pm. If you are coming to the church, please call ahead to let the office staff know so we can ensure a limited amount of individuals are present in the building at any given time.
· Cedar Tree Day Care is intending to reopen at the end of July with a limited capacity and under the appropriate restrictions according to the state guidelines.
Please continue to practice social distancing, stay home whenever possible, wear a face covering if you go out in public. Under the ‘yellow phase’ guidelines you can now gather with those outside your household in small groups. Invite church friends over for a visit on your back porch. Practice social distancing and wear face covering when you gather, engage socially in safe ways, fellowship and reconnect with one another.
Stay in touch with one another and our church leadership. We look forward to continuing to see improvement in the health of our community so that we can, sooner rather than later, be gathered as a worshipping congregation in the same place again. Until then, stay well, be the church, and share the Good News!
In Christ’s love,